Tankardstown is the perfect place
to unwind, dine & celebrate.
Exuding elegance and luxury, Tankardstown comprises an impressive 18th Century Manor House & Orangery; a central courtyard of Cottage Suites; adjacent to the Garden Village where classic dining takes place in Brabazon Restaurant or ‘The Cellar’ offers more casual fare and afternoon tea. A truly special place to stay....
A proud blue book member.
In November 2010 we were invited into Ireland's prestigious Blue Book. The Blue Book enjoys the reputation of being the connoisseur's guide to the finest accommodation and dining in Ireland.
From Cromwell to Conroy.
Tankardstown was formed by land confiscated in the 17th Century. Lands were merged to create demesnes with large houses as the focal point. In 1710, Tankardstown House passed to the Coddington family who lived at Oldbridge House, the battle of the Boyne site. By mid 18th Century, it was owned by Brabazon Morris.
Brabazon Morris mortgaged Tankardstown until it was bought out in 1815 by Francis Blackburne, Lord Chancellor of Ireland. Tankardstown continued to be a private family residence until the current owners, Brian and Patricia Conroy opened their doors to welcome guests into their beautiful home, the rest, as they say....
Take a sneak peek at Tankardstown.